Université: Bordeaux 1
Responsable: Rodolphe THIEBAUT
Mode d’enseignement: Présentiel
Cette formation a ouvert pour la première fois en 2019 à Bordeaux et aucun ISP n’y a encore participé. Il recrute en premier lieu des étudiants étrangers, en collaboration avec des universités à l’international (Mc Gill University, par ex).
Suite à la pandémie de COVI-19, elle n’ouvrira pas en 2020-2021.
Le Pr Thiébaut, le coordonateur actuel du DES sur Bordeaux, en est le responsable.
Cette formation est plutôt à vocation des internes qui ont déjà validé un M2 dans l’une des trois thématiques abordées par le Master (Epidémiologie / Biostatistiques / Informatique médicale).
Le but étant que chacun s’enrichissent des expériences des autres.
Master totalement en anglais.
Semester 3 Basics (6 ECTS)
- Focus on basic knowledge and the functional capabilities of the tools used in health data analytics. Electronic health data (6 ECTS)
- Focus on the skills required to conceptualize, manage, analyze and communicate via health research carried out by Electronic Health Records (HER) and medico-administrative databases (MA-DBs). Digital cohorts (6 ECTS)
- Focus on the skills required to conceptualize, manage, analyze and communicate via cohort studies that integrate digital tools. Web-based data (6 ECTS)
- Focus on the abilities needed to prepare public health studies which integrate data from social networks and web forums, linked open data and mobile data. Practice is carried out via a dedicated case study that involves the processing of large mobile dataset (call details records). Omics data (6 ECTS)
- Focus on the abilities needed to conceptualize, manage, analyze and communicate using clinical studies that integrate high dimensional data.
- Value creation (6 ECTS) : This final e-learning course prepares students so that as graduates, they are capable of becoming immediate contributors in the workplace whether it be in the academic or the industrial sector. Students learn to develop their entrepreneurial skills and also acquire an understanding of the societal and economic value created by digital public health data research.
- Internship (24 ECTS) › Students complete their internship either with the research team that generated a project case study during the Master Public Health Data Science or else with a team from the extensive research network of the Graduate Program
Les objectifs de la spécialité :
The Master in Public Health Data Science provides a year of international research in public health data science, from project design to real life health data analysis and the communication of results. Selected within the French “Investments for the Future” program as an “Initiative of Excellence”, the program covers multidisciplinary skills in epidemiology, informatics and statistics, and ensures that students gain strong knowledge about the strengths and limits of digital technologies and their use in public health research.
Les pré-requis :
Hold at least a Master (year 1) degree with honors (minimum 240 ECTS or equivalent in terms of knowledge) in one (or more) of the following disciplines: statistics, informatics or epidemiology
This program is taught entirely in English. Excellent proficiency in English is therefore required. Students whose native language is not English must provide a:
- TOEFL score of 550/213/80.
- IELTS score of 6.0.
- TOEIC score of 900-990.
Les compétences attendues à l’issue de la formation :
Upon completion of this Master in Public Health Data Science, students may continue with further studies and research via a PhD in Digital Public Health or they may enter the working world with strong qualifications for a career in public health. Graduates not only have a global vision of data science issues in relation to epidemiology and public health, they also master the research and leadership skills that are necessary for chief data officer jobs. They are thus well prepared to become future leaders of the digital public health domain within the public and / or private sector.